Student Hotel Accomodation -- Roommate Finder
To help students identify other students who may be interested in sharing a room at the 2012
American Control Conference hotel (Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in
Montréal), we will compile the information in a spreadsheet and share with you.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject: "2012 ACC Roommate Finder".
In the mail message, please include (cut/paste/enter) the following information:
Act by Monday, May 21!
- Institution / Company / Affiliation
- Email address
- Phone number (optional)
We will regularly compile the information in a spreadsheet and return to all who submit
information on a periodic basis. It is your responsibility to contact prospective
room-mates and to make the hotel arrangements. Individuals should conduct their own
appropriate inquiries or screenings. AACC, AIAA, AIChE, ASC, ASME, IFAC, IEEE, ISA,
SIAM, SCS, and the members of the Organizing Committee assume no responsibility for your
Hotel reservations can be made directly elsewhere on this website.
A very competitive rate is being offered while our room block lasts.
Student Best Paper Award
The 2012 ACC is pleased to announce a Student Best Paper Award.
First-listed authors of regular contributed papers who were students
at the time of submission are eligible. The deadline for nominations
was October 31, 2011.
The selection committee for the award will identify a set of finalists, who will be required to
present their paper at the conference to be eligible to receive the award. Travel expenses including hotel,
transportation and conference registration will be covered to enable the finalists to attend.
Student Travel Awards
The 2012 American Control Conference Organizing Committee is pleased to provide partial travel support for students presenting papers at the 2012 ACC in Montreal, Canada. Funds for this travel support have been generously provided to the 2012 ACC by a number of organizations, and the Committee appreciates these contributions. To be eligible for student travel support, you, the student, must apply for this support no later than May 10, 2012. To apply for this support, please do the following:
1. Go to http://css.paperplaza.net
2. Click on "Submit a Contribution to 2012 ACC"
3. Scroll down to the Student Travel Award Application, and hit "Submit"
4. Complete the following form and upload it on paperplaza
5. Submit the student travel award application form
Once the above steps are complete, you will be eligible for student travel support to the ACC, but you will need to complete the following steps by July 15, 2012 to receive this support:
1. Obtain a letter from your advisor/professor confirming that:
- You were, indeed, a student on September 25, 2011 (2012 ACC paper submission deadline)
- You presented a paper at the 2012 ACC (specify paper title and session code, e.g., ThB03.4)
- The funds you are requesting for travel support have not been reimbursed by any other university, foundation, or industry funds.
2. Submit the above letter, together with an accounting of your expenses and original receipts for these expenses to Dr. Francesco Borrelli, Student Programs Chair. Please SCAN everything (letter, accounting of your expenses and original receipts for these expenses) and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "ACC 2012 Student Travel Award", no later than July 15, 2012.
Please note that the 2012 American Control Conference may not be able to reimburse you for all of your travel expenses. We have a limited student travel support budget, and will do our best to reimburse you for as much of your travel costs as possible within these budgetary constraints.
Expenses eligible for reimbursement include advance student registration ($210), hotel, and travel (air or train ticket). Expenses NOT eligible for reimbursement include regular and/or on-site registration, meals, and local transportation (taxis, shuttles, parking, etc.). Also, please note that the 2012 ACC Student Travel Grants are available in the form of reimbursements sent only after the completion of the conference upon receipt of all required documentation. Finally, please note that the timing of your receipt of Student Travel Grants will partly depend on the dates by which the Organizing Committee receives funds from the organizations supporting this program.
For Further Information
For more information on student programs and resources for the conference,
please contact the Student Programs Chair.